Covid-19 - Here to Help
Please find signposts to information on Covid-19. We will endeavour to update on a regular basis, we are also regularly emailing our member organisations as new information emerges and continuing with our newsletters bringing together headline information. Remember our Employment Team have an advice line where you can talk to someone about HR issues you have Covid-19 related or not - 01823 425222.
- The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy
- BEIS Working Safely through Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
- Safer Public Spaces Guidance
- Covid-19: Getting Tested (updated 4 May)
- Critical Workers List COVID-19
- LGA Information for councils (updated daily)
- Public Health England (updated daily)
- Government Updates (updated daily)
- Coronavirus Update for Apprenticeship (updated 24 April)
- HMRC Guidance covering furloughed apprentices (updated 1 May 2020)
- Job Retention Scheme (updated 1 May 2020)
- Apply to be an NHS volunteer helper
- COVID-19 Cases Tracker (updated daily)
- Household Waste and Recycling Centres Guidance
- Actions for Higher Education Providers
- Post Office Payout Service
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils
Learning and Development Services
We are an approved End-Point Assessment Organisation for apprenticeships.
We work to encourage coaching and mentoring across the South West supporting the South West Coaching and Mentoring Pool.
Full training events schedule
South West Councils News
The latest news and information from across local government in the region.
Message re Covid-19
While there is currently no foreseen impact to the operation of South West Councils’ services, we wanted to provide some detail regarding our preparedness around potential effects of an outbreak such as Covid-19, should the situation change.
Post Office Payout Service
The Post Office Payout service allows an organisation to provide their customers / clients with a cash payment by presenting a bar-coded letter at any Post Office branch. For further details.
For latest press release, click here .....
Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Jun 3, Mentor coaching and supervision – what's the point?
- Jun 9, Resilience Webinar
- Jun 18, How to do ‘nothing’ in a meaningful way
- Jun 25, Communicating even better when you understand people’s metaprograms
- Jul 1, Using multiple intelligences to tap into new thinking
- Jul 2, Forward to Normal: resetting team culture for a richer future
- Sep 7, Mentoring/Coaching
- Sep 7, Coaching & Mentoring
- Sep 7, Introduction to Coaching
- Sep 7, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Oct 7, South West Apprentice Challenge
- Oct 8, South West Challenge 2020