HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
Epaycheck is the national online pay benchmarking service developed for local government by local government. It enables participating councils to share and compare pay and reward data for all Chief Officer roles and a range of other job families of sector-wide interest.
Focused reports are produced periodically using data from Epaycheck. These reports are available at no additional cost to authorities subscribing to the service, the annual subscription fee for which is currently a modest £200.
We hope that this report demonstrates the value, quantity and depth of the data available on Epaycheck. Users in subscribing organisations can also log in to Epaycheck to access all the information in ‘real time’, including new pre-set public reports providing full data on each job family at the touch of a button.
For further information on the Epaycheck system please click here. For any queries about the report or any aspect of Epaycheck, please contact your Regional Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning and Development
End-Point Assessment for Apprenticeship Standards
We have a growing number of Apprenticeship Standards for which we are approved to deliver EPA and we are continually monitoring the launch of new Standards to expand our EPA offer.
Coaching & Personal Development
- Introduction to Coaching 2
- Level 3 Award in Mentoring 2
- Level 3 Award in Coaching 2
- Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring 4
- Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching & Mentoring 5
- Level 7 Certificate in Coaching Supervision 4
- Coaching Conference 1
- Coaching CPD events 1
- Annual PA and Executive Assistants' Conference Taunton 1
Gypsies & Travellers
Legal & Finance
- DCATS: Product Safety 7
- DCATS: Intelligence & Investigative Procedures 7
- DCATS: Intelligence & Investigative Principles Revision Day 1
- Pension Administration 3
- Pension Managers Conference 2
- Understanding the Bribery Act
- Contract & Consumer Law 1
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Business Case and Specification Writing 1
- Contract Drafting and SRM 1
- Legal Aspects & EU Procurement 1
HR & Employment Services
- Apprenticeships in our Region - Sharing the Learning 1
- Job Evaluation GLPC Scheme 1
- Job Evaluation NJC Scheme 1
- Mediation & Conflict Resolution (ILM Endorsed) 3
- Mediation for Line Managers 1
- HR Practitioner (ILM Endorsed) 3
- Successful Recruitment
- Pre-Employment Checks
- Giving Appraisals
- Managing Capability: Health and Performance Issues
- Understanding Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations 1
- Career Transition Workshop 1
Management & Business Planning
- ILM Level 3 in Award in Management of Volunteers 3
- ILM Level 3 Award/Certificate in Leadership and Management 3
- ILM Level 4 Award/Certifcate in Leadership & Management
- ILM Level 5 Award/Certificate in Leadership & Management 4
- ILM Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management 4
- Distance Learning - ILM Leadership and Management Qualifications, Levels 3, 4 and 5 4
- Management of Volunteers 1
In-house and customised
Most of our events can be delivered on an in-house basis. We will deliver courses on your premises for your staff, or for groups from collaborating authorities.
We can work with you to ensure the content of a development package is tailored to your requirements and your learning objectives are met.
- Qualification / Endorsed
- 1 Number of days
- 2 – 3 hours duration