From Jun 27, 2018 to Oct 22 2018
Dennett House, 11 Middle Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1SH
Block 1: 27, 28, 29 June 2018
Block 2: 25, 26, 27 July 2018
Revision Day: 22 October 2018
Please note: this is not a residential course and accommodation is not included
This course has been designed for candidates taking the Product Safety module and will give candidates the tools to be able to prepare for the forthcoming exams.
It will consist of seven training days, made up of two blocks of three days plus a revision training day prior to the November 2018 exam cycle.
Training days are scheduled to start at 9.30am with a 4.30pm finish (approximate). Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Full details (along with other important information) can be found at the CTSI website: https://www.tradingstandards.uk/
- Methods of analysing potential hazards at the design stage
- The application of relevant legislation to the safe design and manufacture of products
- European derived controls on the placing on the market and putting into service of products requiring the CE mark
- The roles and powers of central and local government in ensuring the supply of safe consumer products and the recall of unsafe products
- Mechanisms of hazard identification, assessment and correction throughout the design, manufacturing and marketing/distribution process
- Means of assessing the risk presented by products
- User expectations in relation to the safety of consumer products
- Safety issues related to the age of the consumer of a product
- Safety issues related to the use, misuse and abuse of consumer products.
- The roles of other agencies in promoting the safe design and use of consumer products
At the end of this module, the candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The concept of 'safety' in relation to products
- The 'safety' responsibilities and liabilities of manufacturers of products, those placing products on the market, those putting products into service and suppliers of products
- The framework of regulation that ensures the supply of safe consumer products
- The process of identification, assessment and correction of defects and hazards