ADASS South West – Strategic Overview
In 2020 the Directors of Adult Social Services across the South West agreed a Policy Framework that set out four key objectives:
- strengthen resilience in our communities and build a diverse, sustainable market
- embed a “Home is best” model in true partnership with community health, acute and Primary Care Networks
- strengthen person centred practice
- strengthen and grow a competent workforce for the future
This included six Strategic Aims:
- Embed person centred, strengths based practice that promotes positive risk taking and sits within an ethical framework.
- To facilitate a diverse, sustainable high- quality market for the whole local population.
- Provide support that is part of wider communities and support networks.
- Secure sustainable funding that both deals with immediate pressures and provides a long-term settlement to plan for care
- Secure and value the social care workforce so that this is seen as a career of choice.
- Promote models of care that deliver independence, wellbeing and choice.