Learning Mentor for Apprentices
Mentoring is an established development strategy both in the workplace and in a learning context. This makes the role of Learning Mentor ideally placed to support apprentices, developing their knowledge, skills and behaviours, in the workplace.
Learning Mentors use their occupational knowledge and competence to guide and advise those who are less experienced through applying theoretical learning in practical work environments. Learning Mentors provide practical, technical and pastoral support, liaising closely with managers, training professionals and HR.
Our 9-hour training programme covers:
- Practical application of mentoring processes/models
- Motivating and inspiring apprentices
- Working within professional and ethical boundaries
- Understanding the role of supervision in mentoring practice
- Advising, guiding and supervising apprentices to acquire the maximum benefit from their development programme
- Liaising with training providers and workplace colleagues to plan and implement structured and meaningful learning and work-experience for apprentices
- Approaches for giving feedback to apprentices
- Identifying and referring issues relevant to the apprentice’s progress and wellbeing
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, listening skills, ability to show empathy, questioning skills, non-judgemental approach, goal or target setting, summarising, advising and guiding, demonstrating positive behaviours and role modelling
The 9-hours are delivered across three 3-hour webinars.
- The price is £297 + VAT for the open event and £1,438 + VAT for up to 12 on an in-house course for members
- The price is £330 + VAT for the open event and £1,875 + VAT for up to 12 on an in-house course for non-members
For those doing the optional L2 qualification , the price is an additional £259 + VAT for members and £359 + VAT for non-members.
Closing date: end Nov 2021
Webinar 1: 6 October 2022 9:30 – 12:30
Webinar 2: 19 October 2022 9:30 – 12:30
Assignment Tutorial: 1 November 2022 13.00 – 14.00 for those doing the optional L2 qualification
Webinar 3: 1 November 2022 9:30 – 12:30
Assignment Submission: 26 December 2022 for those doing the optional L2 qualification
There is an optional ILM Level 2 Award in Effective Mentoring Skills (8584-11) qualification which those attending this programme can choose to undertake. To complete this, participants must attend the above webinars, undertake 1-hour of supervision with the trainer, attend a 1-hour assignment tutorial and successfully complete an assignment which includes a written assignment about the activities and responsibilities of a mentor and records of undertaking at least 3-hours of mentoring.
The price is an additional £259 + VAT for members and £359 + VAT for non-members.
How to Apply
Please click here to enrol: Application Form
Course Ref: CP/22/563