SW Virtual Challenge
14th July 2021
The challenge is an all-day (0930 – 1900), non-stop, high intensity virtual simulation exercise that gives a rare opportunity for aspiring managers to gain exposure to issues outside of their normal working lives and give them a taste of what senior management is like.
The challenge is designed for teams of 6 people (maximum size) from any area of work. Delegates will spend the day as the management team of a fictional Island authority. Teams can be drawn from any level of management where there is an aspiration to develop and grow. Teams might be drawn from across a number of authorities or could be a partnership team from the wider public or ‘not for profit’ sector; police, fire, health, housing or others.
- Increased understanding of political acumen and a real-life experience of face to face councillor interaction in a pressurised environment
- Exposure to tasks and situations that senior managers face daily
- An opportunity to put problem solving skills and tools to the test
- To better understand the need to build partnerships with relevant organisations and have the opportunity to practise these skills
- To develop and practise media handling skills, including press releases, social media management and direct media interaction
- An opportunity to practice communication and presentation skills when under deep scrutiny
- Exposure to intense time management constraints
- An opportunity to develop resilience to rapidly changing priorities, demands and timescales.
Every person taking part in the challenge (both delegates and role players) do so from home, or wherever they locate themselves during working hours. All communication between the teams and the people contacting them takes place over Zoom and via mobile phones.
£995 plus VAT for member organisations
£1295 plus VAT for non-member organisations
How to apply:
Please use the Application Form to enrol.