12 October 2023
0900 until 2000 (includes a presentation dinner)
Team Half day for All-comers will be Monday 5 September, 1000 until 1330
An exciting and high energy event giving the opportunity for aspiring senior managers across the South West to gain exposure to issues outside of their normal working lives and gives them a taste of what senior management is like. The challenge is open to teams of up to six people (minimum 4 people) from any area of work. Delegates will spend the day as the management team of a fictional local authority, fire authority, Police Authority or Town Council encountering many of the tasks with which a real corporate team would deal. They’ll have to work as a team, with neighbouring councils and with partner organisations to deliver a new strategy. They’ll have to choose which areas to prioritise, deal with sensitive issues and still keep their focus on how to give the public the best services with limited resources.
Entry to the event includes tea/coffee/water refreshments throughout the day, a cold buffet lunch and a two course hot buffet dinner.
This year, we are offering all-comers spots for the Challenge, where an organisations cannot get a team, they can buy a place on a team. The offer includes a half day virtual team getting to know/building session including a GC index profile for each team member.
Reasons to attend include:
- Get an insight into challenges facing senior managers.
- Refine strategic decision making, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Build their partnership and customer service skills
- Discover more about their own strengths and weaknesses
- Learn more about facing the media and scrutiny of their decisions
- Put analytical and problem solving skills and tools to the test
- Exposure to intense time management constraints
- Develop resilience to rapidly changing priorities, demands and timescales
- An opportunity to collaborate with and create bonds with colleagues form across our sector and services
The challenge is designed for teams of 6 people (maximum size) from any area of work. Teams can be drawn from any level of management where there is an aspiration to develop and grow. Teams might be drawn from across a number of authorities or could be a partnership team from the wider public or ‘not for profit’ sector; police, fire, health, housing or others.
Team Bookings Early Bird before or on 31 May 2023
£1,950 plus VAT for member organisations
£2,295 plus VAT for non-member organisations
Team Bookings after 31 May 2023
£2,050 plus VAT for member organisations
£2,395 plus VAT for non-member organisations
Individual Booking Early Bird before or on 31 May 2023
£499 plus VAT for member organisations
£585 plus VAT for non-member organisations
Individual Bookings after 31 May 2023
£525 plus VAT for member organisations
£630 plus VAT for non-member organisations
How to apply:
Please use the Application Form to enrol.