Up to £31,346
37 hours per week
This is an opportunity for either a secondment or a fixed term contract supporting the new Honk Kong British Nationals’ programme, until 30 June 2022, with further extension subject to funding availability.
South West Councils is an Equal Opportunities employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on grounds of disability, race, religion or belief, gender, age or sexual orientation.
What will you do?
- Work with all local authorities in the South West to identify and co-ordinate offers of places for Hong Kong British Nationals
- Contribute to and coordinate the work of local government and regional partners (including the voluntary sector, Health, ESOL providers, schools, and colleges and Job Centre Plus) on the development of regional responses relating to Hong Kong British Nationals’ issuesDevelop the skills and understanding of our assessors
- Development and maintenance of information systems to support programmes
- Identify issues and challenges for Hong Kong British Nationals shared across local authorities in the area, and ensure information and solutions are shared to avoid duplication of effort
- Support the development of strong regional working, including the convening of regional meetings of sub-regional and individual local authority leads
What skills do you need?
You will possess strong communication skills, be able to network with key customers including senior managers and work as an effective team member. You will have experience of policy development, advocacy and partnership working.
You will have the ability to work independently and as part of a small team, so flexibility is important.