Members and membership
South West Councils works to promote the interests of the South West. The core membership is formed of the 33 county, unitary and district councils in the South (see map). These core members are supported to meet, network, share best practice and advocate on behalf of the SW.
Other organisations including Fire and Rescue Services, Police, Town and Parish Councils, Housing Associations, Schools, Combined Authorities and others can join as Associate Members.
- All member organisations are entitled to free services including:
- Advice on day to day HR issues including sensitive senior staff issues
- Appraisal support for Chief Executives (local authority members only)
- Discounted member rates for HR Consultancy and training
- Access to advertise job opportunities on SW Jobs Portal
- A range of Free Resources Monthly newsletter sharing information and best practice
- Member organisations also receive discounted consultancy services
Local authority: Annual subscriptions are calculated according to the type of authority and the population served by the authority. All authorities in our region are in membership.
Associate members: check out current cost on the associate membership page
SW Councils Members
SW Councils’ Governance
SW Councils’ Member Meetings and Networks